Success isn’t something that happens by chance and I truly believe that any one can achieve success, if they go after it! Working towards something you want doesn’t necessarily make you aggressive, it makes you determined to make the changes in your life to make it happen. Change is always going to be needed if you want to see different results.
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it’s the courage to continue that counts” – Sir Winston Churchill
- RISK – Stepping into the unknown may have risks, but unless you are prepared to step out of where you are now, nothing will change. Successful people get used to feeling uncomfortable, to the point that it becomes ‘normal’ for them. Pioneers often don’t have anyone to emulate. Calculated risk taking can be rewarding, especially in the Entrepreneurial World.
- Fear of Failure – There is nothing to be afraid of when it comes to ‘failure’ – I challenge you to change your perception of the world ‘failure’ and see it as something that didn’t quite work out as planned. Making mistakes is all part of the learning process. You aren’t ‘stupid’ for making a mistake, it’s only ‘stupid’ if you make the same one twice.
- Your Passion – YOU are at the centre of your success. You are already extremely resourceful and have experiences and knowledge you can build upon. When you are working towards something that sets your heart on fire, it consumes you and each piece of action you take will propel you forward to realise your dreams and goals. You have to know what it is that you want, then you can work out how to go and get it!
- Determination – If you passion is alive, then your determination must remain resilient when things don’t quite go to plan. Your vision requires your determination and your commitment! With a strategy in place mixed with your determination you will have the drive to achieve.
- Your Skills – Investing in your own personal and professional development is high up there on the priority list for success. If you carry out a SWOT analysis on where you are professionally you will easily be able to identify areas you need to improve in. You don’t need to know how to do everything, you just need to know how to get everything done!
- A Powerful Network – Even though the world is moving at an incredible pace, PEOPLE are at the heart of this movement. Building a strong network of professionals is a CRUCIAL key to building a successful professional world for yourself. The power of your contacts should not be underestimated! There is leverage in your contacts that can be nurtured, cultivated and called upon when needed. Every person you meet has something to teach you!
- Discipline – Are you prone to ‘sparkles syndrome’ where you are easily distracted, for example when an email notification pops up on your screen do you stop what you are doing to read it or do you remain focused on the task you are involved with? The ability to manage your time and on occasions sacrifice the ‘fun stuff’ to focus on your goal will help the divide between success and not!
Immersing yourself in an environment, mixing with successful peers will have an impact on your own levels of success. One thing is clear, success isn’t going to walk up to you, you have to walk forward and tap it on the shoulder and introduce yourself.
“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success” – Henry Ford